Well, the summer is speeding past WAY too fast. It's been SO hot but I'm already worried about coat weather coming too soon. Go figure. One thing about serving in Salt Lake City as opposed to Mongolia or someplace is that we are getting to see our family. They've been drifting through for the last 3 weeks and coordinated a day together last Saturday--all 4 girls and 14 of the grands. It was great to see them and to watch the cousins interact. The best entertainment was swimming in the pool at the hotel where the Williams and Bennions were staying. If you're coming to SLC take a look at the Hyatt that is right next to Gateway--close to so many things and to TRAX and the price was good for downtown.
I had my first Crown Burger--the kids always talked about it when they were in high school but I had never gone before. It's a cheeseburger with pastrami--be sure to have a diet soda so the fat and calories go on through!!! We did some shopping and sight seeing and just enjoyed being together and talking. Thanks to my girls for making an effort to all connect.
There are free concerts in the park on Tues and Fri all summer so we have been hitting some of those. Just relaxing to sit in the park and listen to music and be with our missionary friends. One night we had dinner and went to a free symphony concert with 4 other couples--so much fun.
New find: maxi dresses at Wal-Mart. They're more like sun dresses but I put a tee under it and it's so comfy for Sundays and around the apartment. I would never have gone to Wally's for a dress but Kristin arrived in the cutest one so I had to have one, too. There are some other cute ones but I don't think I can justify buying more when I can't wear them to work. I hope it's a style that stays for awhile. So, hurry on down. . .
As I write this I have spent the weekend home alone. Brent is in Hawaii. . .but before you get envious, it's an over and back trip to pick up a sick missionary and escort him home to Las Vegas. So he left yesterday morning and will be back tomorrow. But he did get to sleep in Kona and hopefully go for at least a short walk near the ocean. I spent yesterday cleaning, getting groceries and ironing 11 white shirts and some blouses for me, all the while watching the World Crossfit Competition. Erin is in California with her team and they were in first place at the end of yesterday. So 37 teams are disqualified and the top 6 go for it today. As I understand it they wipe out the scores from the past 2 days and it all hangs on today's performances. I'm too nervous to watch today and just hope they can all do their very best. Yesterday I actually got to see her do a few things and to see her team. Once they had a good lead the cameras were most focused on the other teams. But it was fun and interesting to watch. The workouts are grueling--can't imagine that a body can do all that stuff. Erin has been coming to SLC since February and spending weekends with us so she could work out with her team. She's amazing--wife, mother, softball coach, nurse, PhD student, Relief Society President and work class Crossfitter.
I have an appointment with the Branch President at 1:15. Brent and I have new assignments in the branch but it won't be announced until next Sunday. So stay tuned. . . Also, Kar and her tribe are arriving later today for 10 days. More fun for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment