We have been here for 24 hours and it has been the most amazing experience. Everyone needs to go on a mission and come here. We arrived in time to go to the Sunday night fireside. Our nephew, Mason Price, was sitting just 3 rows behind us so we got to visit with him and met up this morning for breakfast. We had wondered how we might find him and there he was!
Sitting in the auditorium and singing with all the missionaries was a thrill. We have a nice room in a new building, very comfortable bed and our own bathroom. They make it very comfortable for the senior missionaries and are concerned that we take care of ourselves and work at a pace that we can. There was a large group of senior missionaries who came in today--about 100. After orientation we had our first meeting and everyone introduced themselves. Most of the couples and some single sisters are from Canada and the US but they are going to the whole world: China, Cambodia, Jordan, Croatia, Moscow, Africa and the US. And there are a number of different things that they are going to do from welfare and humanitarian services to a controller in the church office building and a water rites specialist in the church real estate section. There are a number of nurses going to the West Indies and S. America and one nurse going to the Navajo Reservation to teach CNA and LPN classes, hopefully leading to a RN program down the road.
We have an exercise room just down the hall along with vending machines and an ice machine--just like a hotel. The food is good and there are several choices at each meal. Still some of the elders eat cold cereal for dinner!! It's interesting to watch what they pick to eat. One elder at breakfast had a plate of eggs, sausage and hash brown, a plate with 2 bagels and another plate piled with some pink stuff--finally figured that it was cream cheese--on it's own plate. LOL Well, I'm tired and we have a long day tomorrow with classes using Preach My Gospel.
AH! I love reading all your fun little details about your day. I feel like I'm there too! Boys are so crazy to me, I only have sisters so when I first cooked lasagna for Jimmy and he FINISHED IT I was totally weirded out! He still eats cereal for dinner sometimes too! Hope your transition to SLC goes good!!
ReplyDelete